In addition to KAILO's extensive corrective skin, cosmetic, beauty and spa treatments, KAILO is also well known for its massage menu.
We all know massages make us feel good and can help with tension, sore muscles and stress, but massage is also incredibly good for our overall physical and mental health.
Here are just some of the benefits of regular massage.
According to TIME magazine, one Australian study found that a 10-minute muscle massage after a workout could reduce soreness by 30%. A separate study on massage found that levels of the stress hormone cortisol dropped 31% following a rubdown, while levels of feel-good hormones like dopamine and serotonin increased roughly 30%.
In fact, pain reduction—along with depression relief—is one of the benefits that research has most consistently linked to massage.
Massage may improve immune system function in people with cancer and leukemia, along with reducing their physical and emotional pain. Several fMRI studies have shown that massage increases blood flow in areas of the brain associated with mood and stress regulation. Pressure receptors under the skin, when stimulated, increase vagal activity, which is a major component of the human nervous system that plays a role in autonomic functions like heart rate, breathing and digestion. Increased activity in the vagus nerve could have—among other benefits—a meditation-like calming effect, which would explain the drop in cortisol and other stress-related symptoms.
"At KAILO we have a large team of highly experienced massage therapists from around the World", says KAILO's co-founder Kath Merlo.
"They bring a wealth of knowledge to KAILO and really are the best in the business!" Kath said. KAILO's massage menu includes;
- Relaxation Massage : relaxation massages uses our unique essential oil infused massage oils to leave you relaxed and restored. Perfect for those wanting a relaxing massage that leaves them in a state of calm and peacefulness. Ideal for those with high stress levels who need to unwind and refresh
- Specialised Massage : Specialised includes Remedial Massage- typically for those people with specific injuries or pain such as back, neck and shoulder tension, and those who regularly workout. Remedial massage can focus on specific areas of the body of concern
- Deep Tissue Massage : A deep tissue massage targets deep layers of muscle and the surrounding tissues. People may choose this type of massage to treat sports injuries or chronic pain including back and migraine pain
- Lymphatic Massage : Lymphatic drainage massage, also known as manual lymphatic drainage, relieves swelling that happens when medical treatment or illness blocks your lymphatic system. Lymphatic drainage massage involves gently manipulating specific areas of your body to help lymph move to an area with working lymph vessels. This massage is often suitable for those who have suffered ongoing illnesses or poor immune systems
- Pregnancy Massage : These massages target specific needs during pregnancy and often use the Swedish massage technique to help reduce muscle tension, improve blood flow and lymphatic drainage
- Hot Stone Massage : Utilising The Warming And Healing Qualities Of Hot Stones Placed On Specific Areas Of The Body, Studies show that a hot stone massage may be a helpful way to reduce stress and anxiety, promote relaxation, and ease pain and muscle tension. These are incredibly relaxing massages!
KAILO also has a number of massage add-ons including;
- Eye Patches to help hydrate the eye area, reduce fine lines, puffiness and dark circles.
- Hand Treatments to remove dead skin cells and nourish the hands (especially great in cold months)!
- Foot Treatments to remove dead skin build up and and nourish the feet - also great in Winter!
- Hot Stone Placement for deeper healing relaxation.
- HydroJelly Mask - an instant refresh for the face! your skin will be plumped and hydrated while your body is being nurtured.